September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month which is an important opportunity for our community to advocate for not only the 46 children diagnosed with cancer every day but for what we do and for what we stand for here at the Carsyn Neille Foundation as well. This year we will be selling CCAM t-shirts to help advocate and show our support for children battling childhood cancer and would love for you to be a part of this process. We are offering our community a fun and exciting opportunity to design our CCAM shirt this year. Now through July 31, submit your designs to firstname.lastname@example.org the winner will be selected the first week of August. The winner will receive 2 tickets to our eagerly anticipated 2019 Unite, Heal + Thrive event which will be held in the spring.
As you begin your designs, here are some facts to keep in mind regarding Childhood Cancer:
- CANCER is the #1 Disease Killer of Children in the US.
- 46 children are diagnosed every day in the US alone.
- 7 children fighters become angels every day due to cancer or complications of cancer treatment.
- 95% of Childhood Cancer Survivors will face a serious, chronic illness.
- 1 in 285 children will be diagnosed with cancer by the time they are 20 years old.
- Childhood Cancer only receives 4% of the National Health Institutes funding for cancer research.
- Childhood Cancer is NOT just one type. It is made up of over a dozen different types and subtypes of cancers.
Help us advocate and change the odds for children battling cancer with your incredible talents!! We can not wait to see your amazing designs and as always we are so very grateful for your continued love and support!